Fibromiyaljili kişilerin% 31’i bu sendromdan muzdariptir. Fibromiyaljisi olan kişilerde, durumu olmayan insanlardan 10 kat daha yaygın olduğu bulunmuştur.
Ama bu ne?
Nörolojik bir bozukluktaki huzursuz bacak sendromu , bacaklarda rahatsız edici duyumlarla kendini gösteren dayanılmaz bir istek yaratır.
The characteristics of this syndrome are:
- It feels like a tingling, burning and even pain.
- It is seen as crawling or climbing legs.
- It generates the irresistible need to move the legs of mover as pernas enquanto está in a sitting or lying position.
- Sensations occur more at night than during the day.
- Sleep or waking problems
- Unintentional jerking in the legs
- Symptoms almost always improve with movement.
- It usually gets worse during times of stress, anxiety, and emotional turmoil.
A significant part of sleep disturbances in fibromyalgia patients may be related to restless legs syndrome. Sleep interruption can exacerbate the symptoms of fibromyalgia.
One of the explanations for the reason why this syndrome is common in fibromyalgia is that both in conditions related to alterations may have common mechanisms in the brain and the nervous system.
In both cases, the levels of neurotransmitters are abnormal, which affects muscle contractions.
There is no curative treatment for this syndrome and, although there are drugs to mitigate its effects, it is recommended to exercise caution, as they usually cause side effects such as dizziness, blurred vision, pain muscle, depression, vomiting, and some serious skin reactions. If you have fibromyalgia and restless leg syndrome, it is best to see your doctor to decide what medications to take.
There are other alternatives and actions that do not require the use of medication and can help reduce the discomfort of this disorder (and, therefore, are also beneficial for fibromyalgia):
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Muscle relaxation
- Stretching exercises
- Maintain a good level of iron and magnesium (supplements can be taken if necessary)
- Reduce or eliminate the use of caffeine, alcohol and tobacco
- Maintain a regular sleep schedule
- Exercise regularly and moderate the wood (without exceeding)
- Take hot baths
- Application of cold or heat
Fibromyalgia and restless legs syndrome require different treatment . However, implementing activities to control the symptoms of this disease can improve the quality of life for people with fibromyalgia.
Remember to consult your doctor before making a health decision.
Do you have restless legs syndrome? How do you control it?