If your loved one has fibromyalgia, it is difficult to understand exactly what they were going unless you have experienced it yourself. It is likely to require more time sleeping or resting on what can and not feel very often. Fibromyalgia can also inhibit the ability of a person to work, perform household chores or even doing everyday things such as bathing and eating.
If you have a spouse or significant other support that makes all the difference. Not that we have pain and exhausted. It changes your life. You are not the same physically or mentally (my anxiety) many things passed. I know everyone feels the same way.
If a person is a chronic disease, but the other is healthy, you can easily put pressure on even the strongest of relationships. While it may be more difficult to implement other or find a balance where you want to feel like equal partners in the relationship, it is certainly not impossible – and for many couples facing obstacles together as a chronic disease may in actually strengthen the their relationship and deepen your love for each other.
We ordered our community “Living with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Diseases” and “Living with Fibromyalgia” to share ways for people to help your spouse or partner with fibromyalgia. If your loved one is affected by a chronic illness such as fibromyalgia, FC, perhaps the following ways can help you better understand what they experience and provide some ideas of things you could do this could mean the world to them.
This is what our community told us:
1. When they are having a meltdown, maintain, and lament not know you’re there for them.
2. Learn as much as you can about it. Be patient. You can not understand what it is, but bring empathy and listen to your partner or spouse is so important. Unconditional love.
3. Ask your partner to hear you and read of people who also have fibromyalgia.
4. Avoid making them feel guilty. The trust and love. Stay in bed and keep them, tell them that you are in it for the long term. And seriously!
5. believe them first, second support is friendly at all times and in third place is worth its weight in relationship in a practical way. They do not plan more than you did and you did this together to help both make the most of the trip. The more support you have more soon will find its own level of fitness and health, but it takes some time and you will have to support them and reduce their physical and emotional burden as much as possible.
6. show of love and not ask too many questions to an outbreak of time
7. them draw a nice hot shower, wash your hair, help them out, dry and brush your hair. Then just listen would be great.
8. Be empathetic, patient, sharing household chores, be supportive when others question the veracity of the disease, remember that this disease is not guilt or punishment for you. Above all, do not stop loving the person.
9. Not exactly what you want your love to do for you if the roles were reversed.
Above all, be kind, loving, patient and fun
10. No blame a lil sympathy and car maintenance. Sometimes I can only take care of me … make dinner once a week. Vacuum or a clean shower. Remember that you can not do things the same, or not can ten pounds and am almost worn
11. Do not just listen to what they are saying, but really listen!
12. Question often in different aspects of pain, bring small things that help ice packs, medicines, beverages, heating pad … .lay they tell them how much you want to take it. Understand their struggles, do research
13. filling gaps .. different forms of support, where there are deficiencies. He expressed deep expectations so that they know and understand, so understanding how it can be impossible to achieve. Be creative. Help with pain or need to sleep on the weekends, but I want to clarify, beach combing, looking for sea glass, kayaking, though limited, volleyball (I can) I personally think that the move is necessary to recover the tingling in legs start getting pain. If you feel like a splint Cinnamon I pushed him because I felt great. I’m painting the trim and windows that lead to a healthy person the normal summer. I carry two. I’m okay with that. This is an example of low expectations continue to help achieve the goals that builds my esteem and strength.
14. Never say you’re lazy
15. Never short not feel good or not being able to do things I could do before. Be supportive, even if you do not understand everything.
16. keep them out of stressful situations. It allows them to rest when they need it .
If you can live somewhere barometric pressure does not change much pain EWH much-!
17. There is a wonderful book called Fibromyalgia for Dummies. My son does not know how many times read. I really wanted to understand and help. My husband on the other left within a month.
18. When they tell me I can feel the energy drained out of me like a needle blood taking please let me rest, because sweats flu pain and brain fog are just around the corner.
19. Make sure that they understand that while you can not work as before remain a valued member of the family and are not a burden.
20. Ask your spouse what you want and let them know you want to help in everything I can . Each small favor or help make a difference to me, but they are all different. Some prefer the greatest possible independence. Many prefer to do before automatically assume that it is desired or necessary. Offer to help or do things to help around the house without asking after knowing what is wanted and needed. Some of us feel guilty for putting the burden to others.
Reassure your spouse that you are there for them and do not care to help and we want to support and understand the best possible way can be a great relief to your spouse. I personally only like my feet massaged with lotion. Other areas are very sensitive to massage. I need help in the house, shopping, etc. I need to rest quiet environment.
What would help your spouse? What would help your spouse feel a little better -a or more comfortable. I know you can not fix or change the disease, but can offer help and comfort. People often offer unsolicited advice and can make things worse, setting expectations and more pressure on me unrealistic. So I can be depressed or feel guilt and shame unnecessarily.
I hope this helps.